Navigating Your Cancer Journey
Our cancer patient navigator is a valuable part of your care team who will make sure you have what you need to make the best care choices. Read on to see how our navigator provides support for every step of the process.
Call 434.799.4512 to connect with our navigator, a professional you can trust to guide you and answer questions about cancer.
- Discuss treatment options and treatment concerns.
- Coordinate testing and referrals as you talk with doctors from different specialties.
- Check pathology recrods following surgery.
- Address barriers to care.
- Assess patient for distress.
- Provide information about disease, prescribed treatment, side effects of treatment and how to manage those side effects.
- Let you know what to expect after surgery and treatments.
- Promote awareness of clinical trials and genetic counseling.
- Support timely scheduling of appointments, diagnostic testing and procedures.
- Consult with members of the care team.
- Facilitate cancer support groups to help you connect and inspire others on their cancer journey.
- Offer educational topics, events and classes specifically for cancer patients led by specially trained staff.
- Answer questions about your treatment.
- Provide guidance and resources for special needs including transportation, assistance with medications, counseling and more.
Our navigator will follow up with you to address any health concerns following your treatment. We are here to help you live your best life after cancer treatment and will create a summary of your cancer treatment experience and a survivorship care plan for the future.