Healthy Living Spotlight: Practicing Medication Safety
April 23, 2021
Medications are often an essential part of healing from illness or injury and managing ongoing conditions. They can also create a serious risk to your health and the health of others when improperly disposed of or used incorrectly. You can practice safe medication habits by taking these simple steps:
- Take your medications only as prescribed by your provider, and don’t share them with anyone.
- Tightly secure the cap on your medicine bottles, and keep medicines in a safe and locked location out of the reach of children and out of sight from friends and visitors.
- Safely dispose of unused or expired medications by bringing them to a designated medication drop box. The nearest drop box locations in our area:
- Danville Police Department – 427 Patton Street
- Walmart Pharmacy – 515 Mount Cross Road
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office – 3250 Kings Mountain Road
- Martinsville Family Pharmacy – 762 E Church Street
- CVS Pharmacy – 762 E Church Street
- Walmart Pharmacy – 976 Commonwealth Blvd.
Following these tips will help keep you, your home and our community safe. For more information about safe medication use, visit http://consumermedsafety.org/.