Don't worry, you're not alone! Here are some statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- One in three adults aged 65 and older experience a fall each year.
- Older adults are hospitalized for fall-related injuries five times more often than they are for injuries from other causes.
The body uses three different systems to control your balance:
- The Somatosensory system — a complex system commonly known as the "touch"
- The Visual system — how your body and brain process your visual environment
- The Vestibular system — the way that your body knows when it's moving and when it's still
Why choose vestibular therapy at Sovah Health - Martinsville?
- We are the only rehabilitation facility in Martinsville to offer the NeuroCom SMART EquiTest®, which provides objective assessment of balance control and postural stability under dynamic test conditions to reflect the challenges of daily life.
- We offer assessment of the Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex (VOR) and highly specific computerized rehabilitation for people with VOR deficits with NeuroCom's inVision software.
- We offer one-on-one treatment sessions in our new Balance Center, addressing all three systems that control your balance.
Want to schedule an appointment with one of our providers? Call 844-467-6824 or visit SovahHealth.com/find-a-doctor.