The BEE Award
What is the BEE Award?
The “BEE” Award is a way to say thank you to a staff member of Sovah Health who has provided a . . .
“BEE-yond Exceptional Experience (BEE)”
The BEE Award honors team members (non-nursing) who provide extraordinary care and experiences for our visitors, patients, and their families. Some examples are certified nursing assistants, various techs (lab, IT), phlebotomists, secretaries, therapists such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, respiratory, radiology, admissions staff, maintenance, EVS, dietary staff, and all other healthcare team members.
Nominations may be submitted by patients, family members, visitors, caregivers or peers/staff.
Our Bee Award honorees will need to demonstrate the PETAL principles and portray excellence through expertise and compassionate care.
The Petal Principles:
P: Shows Passion/Compassion in the care they provide every day.
E: Establishes a special connection by the use of kindness, sincerity, and the emotional support of patients and their support systems.
- Keeps patient and support person at the center of care
- Integral member of the care delivery team
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team to meet patient and support systems’ needs.
- Good communicator
A: Always creates the best experience
- Exhibits high standards of professional practice
- Is a role model for attitude and care delivery
- Consistently goes above and beyond
L: Love for their job as demonstrated in the care they provide
- Mentors students and new hires
- Involvement in organization improvement
S: Shows respect
- Treats everyone with kindness, courtesy and respect
- Portrays a positive attitude
Each BEE Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his department and will receive a certificate, a plaque, and a BEE Award pin.
Submit your nomination by completing the form below and mail to:
|Sovah Health - Danville Nominations||Sovah Health - Martinsville Nominations|
|Sovah Health - Danville
142 S Main St.
Attn: Kamela Deel
Danville, VA 24541
|Sovah Health - Martinsville
320 Hospital Dr.
Attn: Connette Gill
Martinsville, VA 24112