Sovah Health Updates Visitation Policy During Flu Season
January 10, 2024
Due to high levels of respiratory viruses in the community, Sovah Health is implementing seasonal respiratory illness precautions. Visitation restrictions will be in place during peak flu season – now and until further notice. Sovah Health kindly asks that the following individuals do not visit during this time:
• Children under 13 years of age (exceptions: medical appointment, Emergency Department visit, Women & Children Department visit, or visiting end of life patient).
In order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its patients and to help prevent the spread of infection, Sovah Health also asks the community to:
• If you have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough or runny nose, please do not visit.
• Remember to wash your hands before entering and exiting a patient’s room and after leaving the hospital.
• If you are in the hospital for tests or procedures and have a flu-like illness (fever over 100degrees with cough or sore throat), please ask for a mask.
The best ways to protect against the flu are to:
• Get vaccinated. It is not too late to get a vaccination.
• Practice good health habits. Avoid close contact with others; stay home when sick; practice good hand hygiene; cover your nose and mouth with a tissue; and avoid touching your eyes or mouth.
• If prescribed by a physician, take medications as indicated.
Sovah Health is committed to protecting its patients, employees and volunteers, and limiting the further spread of respiratory illness in our community. For more information about the flu and effective prevention methods, visit http://www.cdc.gov/flu/.